The Information Technology Division (ITD) is responsible for developing and providing a wide range of services to support the business and operating environment of the department and some of its portfolio agencies. ITD's role is to provide expert, specialised and highly efficient information technology support services including maintaining and developing ICT applications and infrastructure.
The department's current dossier of ICT enabled projects includes:
- Development of bespoke ICT Applications;
- Implementation and embedding of Commercial off the Shelf (COTS) collaboration
The services will include and not be limited to:
- Responsible for maintaince and/or enhancement of automation framework(s).
- Use our client's test automation tools (i.e Open source-based selenium framework) to develop automated test scripts leveraging the various frameworks to enable the automated testing of their systems.
- Execute and debug test scripts as required within the test suites and record the results of script execution.
- Document automation test plans in line with their Automation Test Strategy.
- Assist the Enterprise Testing and Quality Assuarnce section and other teams with testing activities as required (may include peer reviews, walk throughs and alike).
- Provide feedback/reports on estimates of testing effort and progress suitable for project management and planning activities.
- Liaise with Business Analysts, System Analysts, Architects and Business Subject Matter Experts to clarify intended system behaviour and supporting business processes.
- Work with various testing methodologies including Waterfall and Agile.
Specified Personnel will be expected to transfer skills and knowledge to departmental staff and ensure appropriate documentation is stored in accordance with the Department's recordkeeping policy and practices.
Specified Personnel will be required to produce the following documentation within project timeframes:
- Test scripts
- Test progress reports
- Test summary plans
- Detailed test plans
- Risk assessments
- Deployment plans
- Other documentation as requested.
To be successful in the role, you will possess:
- Demonstrated experience in automation testing, including:
- Programming/scripting experience (VBScript/.NET, Java, SQL, HTML, and other languages).
- Formal training in testing theory or equivalent industry experience (i.e. ISTQB or CSTP).
- Significant experience with testing automation tools (Selenium, TestNG, junit, Appium)
- Experience testing in a Windows environment with different application stacks such as: Siebel, DotNet, and SAP.
- Knowledge of CI/CD tools like Jenkins, TFS
- Knowledge of Java, PowerShell scripts and VBScript language.
- Knowledge on mobile automation and API automation
- Experience with Test Management tools
- Proven knowledge and experience working with various testing methodologies including Waterfall and Agile
- Specified Personnel must hold a current Australian Government Security Clearance (AGSVA) or be willing to undergo and obtain an AGSVA clearance (Baseline clearance as a minimum).
Apply now for immediate consideration - contact Smilin John 02 6268 9720 quoting Job Reference: 212958