The Automation Analyst works as part of small or large teams under direction, developing, applying, and assessing tests to analyse new and existing applications and systems. They need to demonstrate moderate analytical skills and an ability to think outside the box. The balance of solo and team work is quite variable.
This role must build and maintain relationships with key stakeholders. At the same time, they must understand the role of enterprise testing services and represent the section in their interactions.
The Automation Analyst is expected to:
- Assist and perform as required script analysis, test estimation, track work against estimates, report variances to team management, and manage resources to ensure project deliverables are met,
- Moderate Analytical skills -Review project documents - with the ability to analyse highly complex systems and interdependencies, identifying key automation tests with a view on Return On Investment (ROI)
- Assist in monitoring, analysing and providing recommendations to improve ROI and funnel effectiveness, as well as optimising and streamlining existing scripts and processes
- Create, execute, and report high-quality test artefacts such as matrix, cases, defects, moderate to complex test data, ensuring adherence to section standards and guidelines.
- Accountable for identifying, designing, building, and maintaining test automation suites using appropriate tools
- Provides assistance and contributes to financial planning and budgeting within the project. Collates and interprets financial data and reports for analysis and to facilitate decision making.
To be successful in this role you will possess:
- Experience in automation testing or quality assurance roles.
- Moderate level of capability with a range of test automation tools and languages, such as UFT, LeanFT, Selenium, Java, Rest Assured, Maven and SoapUI
- Certification in automation tools
- ISTQB Foundation Certificate or equivalent certificate or equivalent, or relevant practical experience (mandatory)
- ISTQB Foundation Agile Extension Certificate or equivalent (mandatory)
- ISTQB Advanced Level Test Automation Engineer or equivalent (mandatory)
- Experience or knowledge of a wide variety of testing tools, testing techniques/methodologies, and effort required to undertake specific testing activities
Due to security clearance requirements for this role, candidates must be Australian Citizens who are able obtain a Federal Government Security Clearance.
Apply now for immediate consideration - contact Rachel Drury on 02 6268 9720 quoting Job Reference: 208739
Please note: only candidates that meet the above criteria will be contacted. Thank you for your interest in the position.