Our client, a century old bank, are looking to bring on a Junior Accountant to assist their Finance team with supporting their current systems applications. This role will suit a recent graduate, ideally with a double degree in Accounting and IT.
The role will be centred around the day-to-day administration of the core finance systems, working with internal stakholders across multiple teams including IT and Information Systems and Development.
This position is well suited to someone with a proactive mindset, who is able to prioritise and escalate tasks as necessary, ensuring that deliverables are met to a consistently high standard.
Daily Tasks will include the following:
- Assist in the documentation of business requirements
- Assist in testing of system implementation and changes impacting the finance systems
- Assist the System Accounting team to ensure delivery of full lifecycle implementation, with respect to system releases, functional enhancements and critical issues for GFS (PeopleSoft GL & AP, source system interfaces, Enterprise Data Warehouse, Financial Data Warehouse, FiRe) and other local F&C applications
- Additional adhoc duties and responsibilities as required
- Strong accounting knowledge
- MS Excel and Word skills (proficiency in the full MS Office suite)
- Strong IT apptitude
- Ability to co-ordinate finance system releases and upgrades
Interested parties should apply directly via the link below quoting reference number 195453.