Our high-profile Federal Government Client, located in Melbourne and Footscray, is seeking an Assistant Finance Business Partner. This is an initial 7 month engagement with possible extensions.
About the role
As a Finance Officer, you will be accountable to undertake complex finance related work that is guided by legislation, policies, procedures, standards, methodologies and precedents. The position will perform various activities within one or more of the core finance functions of the Finance and Corporate Service Division, that may include, financial accounting, management accounting, finance business partnering, financial analytics and scheme finance.
The successful candidate will be responsible for:
Accountable to provide accurate operational and financial advice and support across a range of activities within one or more of the core finance functions including:
- Developing plans and objectives for short-term finance projects
- Setting priorities and ensuring quality outputs for their own work and the work area
- Monitoring emerging financial issues and identifying likely risks and impacts
- Developing recommendations and solutions to mitigate, correct and prevent reoccurrence of financial risks.
The desirable candidate will possess:
- Tertiary level qualifications in Accounting, Finance or equivalent academic specialisation.
- Relevant direct finance experience
For more information or a confidential discussion, please contact Jade De Silva on and quote reference: Job # 200536.