Our client's Desktop Services Directorate is a key function of the ICT Services Branch delivering both Desktop Services and ICT Asset Management to the Agency. Our client is seeking a highly skilled and experienced Assistant Director for its Desktop Services team, responsible for leading a team of highly skilled engineers conducting design, development and implementation of the Agency's Desktop and End User services. It will work closely with other service owners and the broader Agency to develop, configure, maintain, support and optimize all new and existing desktop and end user systems.
- Leading the Agency's Desktop Services team, delivering ICT solutions collaboratively with third party vendors.
- Contributing to the design and implementation of an operating model that reflects new ways of working.
- Designing, building, deploying and supporting the Agency's desktop and end user computing solutions, while also implementing technical change management activities.
- Investigating complex technical issues assigned to the team and engaging others to assist in addressing problems.
- Providing leadership and development support to administrators and analysts within the branch.
- Developing and implementing continuous improvement in the Agency's desktop services.
- Developing and maintaining high quality records including but not limited to Service Desk interactions, technical designs, operating procedures and reports.
- Researching new products to enhance the Agency's technical services.
Skills and experience:
- Demonstrated minimum 5 years' experience leading teams to deliver ICT services through ICT management frameworks such as ITIL
- Demonstrated experience working with Cloud Platforms and Microsoft 365 Services, with substantial project design and deployment experience.
- Demonstrated a strong commitment to meeting agreed work targets and standards.
- Demonstrated high level conceptual, analytical, and problem-solving skills, and the ability to develop creative and innovative solutions to difficult and complex problems.
- Proven experience producing a range of documentation from simple work instructions to network designs.
- Proven ability to define successful new product requirements and implementation strategies.
- Experience working in Government or providing services to Government agency.
For more information or a confidential discussion, please contact Josie Bandiola on 02 9054 8710 quoting reference 241441.
To apply please click the 'Apply Now' button.