Our Federal Government Client is seeking several high calibre and high performing Architects to be part of a multi-disciplinary team focussed on developing end-to-end solution design to support the client. You are expected to set and translate vision into tangible actions, lead and inspire a connected and engaged workforce, influence stakeholders, resolve complex issues and deliver outstanding digital and ICT enabled capabilities. You are expected to build and maintain effective working relationships across senior executive, business owners and IT delivery areas and proactively provide support to section staff for complex work items.
Specifically, they are in need of the following:
Solution Architect, Enterprise Architect, Business Architect, Information Architect, Security Architect, Infrastructure Architect, Integration Architect, Technology Architect
This is a long-term contract for 12 months with possible extension options, located at our Client's Canberra location.
Dependant on the position, your role may include the following:
- Advising stakeholders on choices of technology and solution design, underpinned by research, best practices, and broad consultation.
- Assuring architecture designs are fit-for-purpose and greater Whole-of-Government environment, with the aim of minimising technical debt.
- Governing the evolution of their architecture through forums, and the recording of official decisions.
- Maintaining and championing their IT Strategy, in alignment with the Corporate Strategy.
- Communicating the Department's architectures and IT Strategy to relevant audiences, to ensure their practical implementation.
- Deliver end to end solution design across multiple projects
- Perform preliminary impact assessment for new project and change request.
- Create, maintain and get business signoff on solution design and other related documents.
- Be responsible for design handover to development and testing team.
- Utilise their in-depth knowledge of the core organisational business in order to effectively communicate to the technical group, the business direction, strategy and requirements.
To be successful in this role, you should have experience in:
- Bachelor's degree in business, information systems or related discipline, or equivalent, and extensive related project experience.
- An understanding of Business Architecture concepts, and what comprises a well-articulated Business Architecture.
- Previous experience as a business analyst or solution architect.
- Work with project team, business and IT stakeholders on changes that impact our platforms.
- Understand our business requirements to develop complex engineering solutions across multiple infrastructure technology (on premises & cloud)
- Demonstrate professionalism and adherence to the APS Code of Conduct
- Facilitating information-gathering workshops with business stakeholders, and produce diagrammatic depictions of their business functions, to a visual standard.
- Documenting business patterns and delivering presentations to disseminate messages about their value and use to various audiences.
- Contribute to the establishment of the Business Portfolio vision and translating it into Operational Value Streams.
- Assisting with the development of an online repository for collecting Business Architecture concepts and designing dashboards for sharing repository information to various audiences to address their specific informational needs.
- Demonstrated experience in large data warehouse and analytics projects including estimating work efforts for upstream and downstream.
- Strong experience in end-to-end implementation of data intensive Analytics based projects (data acquisition, ingestion, integration, and transformation).
- Experience with technology -COGNOS, QLIK, Oracle, SAS DI..
It is desirable if you have experience in:
- Engaging with requesting business areas and other project stakeholders
- Delivering the Services within a Commonwealth Government environment.
- Master of Business Administration (MBA)
- Completion of training in Architecture vocational skills, such as Applied Business Architecture, Business Process Design
- architecture frameworks TOGAF, FEAF, and Zachman
Due to security clearance requirements for this role, candidates must be Australian who have the ability to obtain Federal Government Security Clearances.
Apply now for immediate consideration - contact Carissa Burgos on 02 9137 8700 quoting Job Reference: #238681
Please note: Only candidates that meet the above criteria will be contacted. Thank you for your interest in the position.