About the role
A large Financial Australian Enterprise organisation is looking for a senior level Applications Solution Architect. The role will be an initial six month contract position based in Melbourne CBD. As an Applications Solution Architect, you will provide specialist technical advice, expertise and leadership to support delivery of solution architecture services.
Examples of responsibilities:
- Define solutions for multiple complex technology systems, and to provide guidance and advice to program sponsors, business and technology stakeholders to assist with the successful delivery of business and customer objectives.
- Lead end-to-end solution for a complex project, business problem or customer outcome
- Deliver architecture service across multiple delivery streams within a given program
- Contribute to reduction of risk in business zones impacted by projects/programs
- Facilitate workshops with the business and technology stakeholders to determine solution architecture outcomes
- Provide architecture guidance and advice to project / program sponsors, business leaders (e.g. GM) and accountable Technology GM to assist with the successful delivery of project objectives
- Contribute to roadmap development and have input into business strategy as appropriate
- Deliver the target state architectural alignment (including choices to deviate from target state) for project business cases
About the successful candidate:
- Previous experience working in large enterprise organisations
- Experience in Finance/Banking environments
- Five plus years experience in a high-level Architect position with an application focus
- Excellent problem-solving skills, commercial acumen and stakeholder management skills
- Good understanding of SDLC
- Good understanding of Architecture service design principles
- Able to communicate and articulate clearly across all levels (to GM Level).
Please not to be eligible to apply, you must have Australian/NZ citizenship or be an Australian Permanent Resident.