Our CBD based client is currently looking to secure an Applications and IM Manager to commit to a permanent engagement. This role will head up the current applications team, comprising of 20 staff across developers, testers and analysts.
You will be tasked across multiple areas including people and financial management, application portfolio management and application lifecycle management
Ensuring investments in applications derive optimal impact on the company's objectives of People, Efficiency and Growth, by driving a Group wide applications portfolio management approach that steers investment decisions based on process efficiency, business requirements, total cost of ownership, implementation risk and value.
Providing direction and support to Process and Application Owners to ensure each application is actively managed throughout its lifecycle, from process optimisation to application retirement, to optimise the value for money of each application.
Ensuring all structured and unstructured data, both electronic and paper, is actively managed to maximise its value and to meet business, contractual and regulatory needs.
- Extensive experience managing IT intensive business projects;
- Excellent working knowledge of current Application Portfolio and Application Lifecycle Management approaches, standards and best practice;
- Experience with software development and COTS application selection and deployment
- University degree or diploma in information technology, computer science and/or related discipline.
- Experience managing software development teams within the Microsoft platform