About the Company:
With offices in the USA, Canada and Australia this socially responsible software business is developing enterprise solutions to help communities become more mobile. For nearly 20 years this software business has made it their mission to develop intelligent solutions to help transport become more accessible and modern, with a particular focus on helping the elderly and disabled. This solution also has a heavy focus on reducing traffic and contributing to a greener planet.
About the Role:
As the Application Support Engineer you are critical to keeping customers working and ensure they are making the most of the software. You will resolve issues, provide tips and training for better engagement, and building relationships that keep customer's happy, while providing world-class customer service.
You will have very strong SQL, customer support and communication skills to ensure everything is working as smoothly as possible. As the Application Support Engineer you constantly be learning the software so you can optimise and ensure maximum efficiency.
Role & Responsibilities
- Learning, troubleshooting and supporting critical software
- Understanding and helping clients and their business
- Responding professionally to our customers via phone and email in a timely, efficient manner
- Taking ownership of issues and resolving or escalating as needed
- Providing timely and professional updates to the client as to the status of their issues
- Training clients on our software on the phone or through email to help minimise future calls
- Leveraging SalesForce, phone, email, and web-based support tools to communicate status and collaborate on solutions
Skills and experience required for success:
- Bachelor's degree
- Strong SQL skills with the ability to write queries, ensure accurate data and create reports
- 3+ years of experience supporting customers and resolving technical issues via phone and email
- Demonstrated ability to quickly learn technology including software, hardware, data and networking
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills with a focus on building rapport with your customer base
- Effective listening skills with the ability to ask appropriate questions to understand issues
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills
- Examples of your ability to read, retain and use information from a number of different sources
- Experience documenting technical issues and resolutions and sharing information across the team
- Effective multi-tasking, time management and prioritisation skills
- Strong sense of accountability to ensure follow-through to complete tickets and keep all stakeholders updated through the process
- Prefer experience with Salesforce and/or ticketing systems
- Detailed knowledge/use of Microsoft Word and Excel
For more information or a confidential discussion, please contact Nick Munro quoting: 193023 or please click the apply button.