Contract till Feb 2022
You will utilise your knowledge and expertise in solution and software architecture to support delivery of the platform modernisation of a bespoke .NET application in Queensland. Project delivery is in progress based on a tentative solution design and architecture. Your role will be critical in identifying, recommending, justifying and documenting any changes required to achieve the project outcomes, align with current best practices, and best meet stakeholder needs.
- Collaborating with project team members, enterprise and technical architects and Subject Matter Experts (SMEs) to define the solution design and architecture for the revised application.
- Researching, analysing and defining solutions to best address business and technical issues related to project deliverables.
- Reviewing existing project documentation, including the tentative solution architecture and design, solution requirements and bug registers.
- Recommend appropriate standards and protocols needed to establish an appropriate application architecture, considering industry standards and best practices.
- Evaluate delivered 'proof of concept' application functionality against expected outcomes (in the context of software quality attributes).
- Justify solution design and architecture recommendations as required to support stakeholder approval.
- Assist in identification, estimation and prioritisation of work items required for adoption of the approved solution architecture and design.
Skills and experience
- Strong application architecture experience
- Solution design experience
- Broad knowledge of the following technology domains with a background in:
- Software development and integration (.NET, Java)
- .NET Frameworks, Libraries, Tools, Standards, Patterns and Practices
- Databases and data management
- Web technologies
- High level of written and verbal communication
- Ability to justify recommendations to technical stakeholders
- Ability to quickly adapt to project environment and interpret stakeholder requirementKnowledge of Enterprise Architecture and design frameworks (e.g. TOGAF)
For more information or a confidential discussion, please contact Bharti Chandramouli on 07 30037643 quoting reference 239932.