Our Federal Government Client is seeking two Application Developers.
This is a long-term contract up to 30 June 2022 with 2x12-month extension option, located at our Client's Canberra location.
As the selected candidate, you will provide the following deliverables:
- Developing and delivering applications and UI components in line with Departmental and Industry Standards and Methodologies;
- Employing the continuous integration infrastructure (DevOps)
- Building reusable components and front-end libraries;
- Addressing production incidences in accordance with ICTD Service Level Agreement (SLA);
- Creating new and/or updating existing technical documentation;
- Creating new and/or updating existing technical specifications for application development;
- Delivering solutions under Agile and Waterfall methodologies;
- Working with collaboration tools such as JIRA and Confluence;
- Collaborating with other team members to plan, design, develop, test, and deploy enterprise software;
- Developing and maintaining strong effective working relationships with key management personnel and internal client base;
- Transfering skills and knowledge to departmental staff including mentoring junior colleagues;
- Ensuring appropriate documentation is stored in accordance with the Department's recordkeeping policy and practices;
- Be part of the 24x7 support team. Providing out of hours support, including a requirement to be on call, on a rostered basis.
To be successful in this role you should have:
- Minimum 5+ years' experience working with application development technologies such as:
- Angular or React;
- Fabric UI or Fluent UI;
- State management tools such as MobX;
- DBMS experience (MS SQL, MySQL, Oracle, etc);
- Web Services (SOAP-based and RESTful).
- Solid experience writing unit test cases that ensure functionalities are coded correctly
- Experience in Cloud and DevOps Technologies specific to application development and deployment
- Experience in building reusable components and front-end libraries
- Proven track record in rapidly resolving production incidences in accordance to the ICTD Service Level Agreement (SLA)
- Solid experience in developing and delivering solutions using Agile and Waterfall Methodologies
- A team player who collaborates effectively with team members and business stakeholders to achieve desired outcome
- Experience mentoring junior colleagues and peers alike
It is desirable if you have:
- Experience with Node.js
- Experience with Java Enterprise Edition (JEE)
- Knowledge or the ability to quickly acquire knowledge of the Department's policies, systems, environments and software configuration processes
- Knowledge of the accessibility, usability standards like WCAG 2.1, WAI-ARIA and Semantic HTML
Due to security clearance requirements for this role, candidates must be Australian who have the ability to obtain Federal Government Security Clearances.
Apply now for immediate consideration - contact Carissa Burgos on 02 9137 8700 quoting Job Reference: #239460
Please note: Only candidates that meet the above criteria will be contacted. Thank you for your interest in the position.