Highly motivated midrange Application Developer required to join federal government department for a 12 month contract. The team you will be involved in provides enterprise identity matching functionality, is based in Brisbane, and is comprised of a mixture of IT Application Developers and IT Systems Analysts.
Within this role you will be:
- Accountable for the delivery of projects or activities involving the development and/or maintenance of computer applications through an Agile methodology and in accordance with the departments standards and guidelines
- Actively participating in the development lifecycle, which may include analysis, design, building, testing, documenting, implementation and maintenance
- Working collaboratively with team members, management and internal and external stakeholders on a range of activities
- Responsible for taking the initiative to undertake problem solving and incident resolution and demonstrate an understanding of change control and release management procedures
- Providing advice and undertake more-complex activities associated with developing and/or supporting computer applications
- Applying technical skills to design, implement and support workable solutions to meet business requirements
- Developing and maintaining a network with others internally and externally, build relationships with team members, management and a range of stakeholders Research and develop continuous improvement processes to enhance procedures of current and new work practices
- Developing and maintaining necessary levels of expertise and take responsibility for sharing knowledge with others
To be successful in this role, you must have:
- Baseline Security Clearance
- Ability to understand and explain complex systems including their integration in an end-to-end solution
- Demonstrated experience in midrange server-side programming languages (e.g. VB.Net/C#, SQL)
- Technical knowledge in Windows Server 2012+, IIS administration, SQL Server 2012+, PowerShell scripting or similar
- Additional skills/knowledge/experience in Cloudera/Hadoop, SSAName3 (or similar matching technologies) and test automation are highly regarded
- Cloud computing in particular AWS IaaS support and knowledge also highly valued
For more information or a confidential discussion, please contact Stephanie Mlady or Donna Prince on 3319 7555 quoting reference 213398.
To apply please click the 'Apply Now' button. Please note applications for this role close Wednesday 26th May.