Analyst Developer - Java/CC++
- Ability to work effectively without constant supervision
- Thorough understanding and experience in following the SDLC
- Proficient in developing Unix scripts
- Proficient in the execution of unit, integration, regression and system testing
- Ability to perform analysis of changes, problems and application enhancements and provide constructive meaningful feedback.
- Provide support (including rostered on call out of hours) as directed for production programs and applications.
- Proficient in MS Office applications
- Providing application technical analysis and development services as part of the operational support and enhancement of internal systems;
- identifying options for potential solutions and assessing them for both technical and metering business suitability;
- conducting requirements analysis and preparing specific solution design proposals for MBS related projects and enhancements;
- Making highly complex physical changes to applications
- working collaboratively with MBS developers, system testers, and business stakeholders to progress software code changes through the software development lifecycle;
- analysing production issues, providing support, and determining remedial action
- Provide production support for outages, restore/recovery events;
- Participating in disaster recovery design, testing and execution
Essential Skills and Experience:
- Extensive experience in system analysis
- Extensive experience in producing technical and functional documents, and associated system test plans and test cases
- Proven skills in SQL and relational databases, including database design
- Significant experience in Gupta, C/C++, Java, JNI, IBM DB2 technologies on IBM AIX and Citrix environments
- Experience with XML
- Ability to build credibility, establish rapport, and maintain communication with stakeholders at multiple levels, including those external to the organisation
- Proven analytical, problem solving and resolution skills
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
For more information or a confidential discussion, please contact Nick Munro quoting reference: 185117.
Please click the apply button.