Our esteemed client in the NSW State government is looking for an experienced Project Manager
Role: Agile Project Manager
Duration: 12months contract
Location: Redfern, Sydney CBD
- Provide leadership to the project teams on both the customer and vendor side.
- Prepare and management of iteration plans, budget, dependencies, risks and issues.
- Manage and lead key teams and personnel in order to successfully deliver projects on time and according to the quality requirements.
- Build and foster an agile and innovative culture amongst the project teams.
- Monitor and control each phase and sprints of the project implementation according to the approved project schedule.
- Identify and report project issues and project risks to the relevant managers and committees.
- Managing a scrum team of business analysts, tech leads, software developers and testers to elicit and analyse requirements, design, build and deploy software solutions to agreed schedule, quality and budgets.
- Coordinating daily stand-ups and retrospectives, tracking and reporting progress, help scrum teams to refine and streamline the delivery process, identifying and resolving issues and risks that impact sprint execution.
- Defining gaps and promoting/enforcing standards, methods, processes and tools to enable best practice software development and support. This should cover all areas of the process including project management, software development, DevOps, testing and deployment.
- Balancing the customer needs, business needs and technical needs to enable successful delivery of strategic outcomes.
- Scoping, estimating and planning new iterations using formalized processes and methods.
- Helping the team to estimate stories based on prior knowledge and experience and improving the accuracy of those estimates over time.
- Providing thought leadership and insight to new and emerging trends and best practices.
- Building and maintaining strong and positive working relationships with internal and external stakeholders.
- Taking ownership for the development of project brief, project initiation documents or equivalent and contributing to business cases among other documents.
- Determining and managing risks to the projects.
- Coordinating and fostering teamwork.
- Developing self-motivated and self-driven teams.
- Establishing formal reporting arrangements for project progress.
- Providing leadership that fosters a continuous improvement and innovation culture.
- Effectively coach, develop and mentor employees to adapt agile practices.
- Ensuring continuous productivity improvement measures are adopted by the team which is measurable with respect to velocity per sprint.