Our Federal Government Client is seeking an APS6 equivalent Senior Economist to work within the Client's Price Controls Team, contributing to the considerations of price controls and other market interventions, market monitoring and reporting. Within this position, you will provide detailed analysis and advice on complex market issues, contribute to consultation with internal and external stakeholders and support the teams' market stewardship objectives.
This is a contract opportunity starting ASAP for 12 months, requires candidates to be Australian Citizens and will be located at our Clients Tuggeranong Offices.
As the successful candidate, you will:
- Analyse provider and participant data to identify potential market issues, including supply gaps, participant plan under-utilisation and market power imbalances
- Undertake research to support evidence-based decision making on complex market intervention and stewardship issues
- Contribute to the development of public and internal consultation on sensitive issues related to market stewardship
- Developing briefing materials and reports for senior executives
- Liaise with internal and external subject matter experts to collect information and co-ordinate action
- Review and analyse economic data to develop pricing policies, with an end goal of deregulation
Due to security requirements for this role, candidates must be Australian Citizens.
Apply now for immediate consideration - contact Peggy Jones on 02 6245 1726 quoting Job Reference: 199068
Please note: Only candidates that meet the above criteria will be contacted. Thank you for your interest in the position.