Our Federal Government Client is seeking an APS4 and APS5 Service Desk Officers to ensure the service management and delivery of a stable and contemporary IT environment, which supports both corporate computing and exhibition environments.
This is an Ongoing, full-time permanent employment, located at our Client's Canberra location.
As the selected candidate, you will be:
- Providing effective Service Desk support for IT Services' clients.
- Communicating in a professional and friendly manner with colleagues, clients and third parties face to face, via email and other software, and via telephone.
- Recording incidents, service requests, status and resolution information using their Service Management System, escalating incidents and service requests appropriately.
- Following procedures and liaise with procurement staff for purchase of hardware and software.
- Assisting in maintenance of IT equipment, asset management and record keeping.
- Providing support for the client's user-issued hardware and Standard Operating Environment (SOE) including software and applications based on Windows 10 and Office 2016/365.
- Managing the issuing and location of user-issued hardware.
- Providing guidance to clients on IT policies, procedures and technical issues.
- Assisting in development and maintenance of operational procedures and documentation for IT systems.
- Participating in project work as required to implement IT improvements.
- Undertaking other duties as required.
To be successful in this role you should have:
- Working knowledge of office automation products, databases and remote control.
- Solid understanding of computer systems, mobile devices and other tech products.
- Ability to diagnose and resolve technical issues, sometimes of a complex nature, including when to escalate problems.
- Excellent communication skills and telephone manner.
- Excellent organisational skills.
- Self-motivated achiever who gains satisfaction from providing excellent customer service.
- Ability to managing competing priorities under minimal supervision and mange workloads.
Additional requirements for APS5:
- Previous IT Service Desk and/or Call Centre experience.
- Incident Management experience - Managing incidents including business expectations and communication.
- Basic User & Security Group Active Directory administration.
- Strong knowledge of Microsoft based operating systems with emphasis on Windows 10 and Office 365.
- Experience with using and troubleshooting Outlook 2013 within a network environment (permissions, calendar sharing, and delegation).
Due to security clearance requirements for this role, candidates must be Australian who have the ability to obtain Federal Government Security Clearances.
Apply now for immediate consideration - contact Carissa Burgos on 02 8880 7642 quoting Job Reference: #245059
Please note: Only candidates that meet the above criteria will be contacted. Thank you for your interest in the position.