Our Federal Government Client is seeking an APS4 Junior Developer to develop surveys within the Confirmit platform. These surveys will be used by internal Interviewers and members of the public to provide data, in order to help them produce important statistics and insights to inform decision making.
This is a fixed-term role for 6 months extension options, located at our Client's Canberra City location.
As the selected candidate, you will:
- Engage with clients to ensure that specifications for survey instruments are fit for purpose, and that these are achievable in the ABS infrastructure in the required timelines.
- Develop survey instruments to ABS standards. This includes building new data collection instruments, rolling forward existing collections to new reference periods and updating existing builds to current standards using the ABS Confirmit environment
- Ensure rigour around development and release standards is maintained and that knowledge base documentation is kept up to date. Draw on expertise of the team and key support areas in technical services.
- Work with the relevant testing teams to help shape test plans and resolution of any exceptions encountered during the testing phase.
- Provide appropriate production support where necessary to diagnose issues encountered by live respondents.
- Contribute to general team health by actively participating in all agreed team ceremonies and assisting with continuous improvement initiatives within the team context.
Successful applicants will be provided with a technical mentor to assist in gaining familiarity with ABS best practice, and to grow your enterprise level technical knowledge and skills.
To be successful in this role, you should have:
- Software engineering qualifications and experience
- Good communication skills
- Analytical and problem-solving skills
- Demonstrated ability to deliver results
- Desire and ability to work within a team environment
It is desirable if you have:
- Client liaison experience
- ITSM knowledge and experience within an applications support context
- Understanding of Continuous Delivery and DevOps principles and practices
Due to security clearance requirements for this role, candidates must be Australian Citizens.
Apply now for immediate consideration - contact Carissa Burgos on 02 9137 8700 quoting Job Reference: # 213567
Please note: Only candidates that meet the above criteria will be contacted. Thank you for your interest in the position.