My client, a multibillion dollar company, is one of the world's most dynamic and recognised brands. They are seeking an APMEA (Asia Pac, Middle East, Africa) Security Engineer reporting to the APMEA IT Director. The role of the IT Security Engineer is to work closely with the APMEA IT team, HQ Digital Security team and service owners to understand and improve the security posture of their IT infrastructure and operations. The role will also be responsible in assessing and improving our incident response capabilities, as well as initiate/support projects improving cross functional security capabilities. Finally, increasing end user awareness via communication and training programs is paramount to the role.
- Conduct ongoing awareness and training activities to educate new employees and ensure existing employees are updated on our IT Security policies.
- Initiating and consulting on specific projects/initiatives in conjunction with the Area Infrastructure/BA Manager and HQ Digital Security team.
- Definition and alignment of regional IT security best practices and standards that meet unique local needs, ensuring no conflict with global standards.
- Working closely with service owners of IT infrastructure (endpoint, network, identity and access, physical security) to improve security measures and coordinate cross-functional topics.
- Research and recommend emerging security technologies/tools to address current and future threats relevant to the environment.
- As a position with regional responsibility, significant travel may be required. Flexible hours are also considered a necessity, as engaging with other time zones is a significant part of the role. Good project management skills are also a pre-requisite of the role.
- 3+ years' work experience as a Security Engineer or related position in IT Security.
- Knowledge of operating system, infrastructure and database security.
- Some experience in developing, operating and maintaining security systems
- Proficiency in networking technologies, network security and network monitoring solutions.
- Knowledge of security systems including cloud security, endpoint security, anti-virus applications, content filtering, firewalls, authentication systems and intrusion detection and notification systems.
- Knowledge of security protocols and principles.
- Knowledge of techniques for identifying security vulnerabilities and remediation.
- Critical thinking skills and ability to solve complex problems.
- Hacking skills/knowledge are an advantage
- Bilingual (nice to have)
- Global travel will be required for this role (once the world opens up!)
This is an outstanding opportunity for you to take the next step in your career and to lead technology innovation within the region for a global marquee brand. If you match the above criteria please 'apply now' quote #240659