Role: Senior Project Manager- Infrastructure & Application upgrade
Location: Redfern- 7 mins walk from the station
Duration: 8 months rolling.
The Infrastructure Service unit has a requirement for an experienced Project Manager with a strong background in Infrastructure and Application Platforms to manage the roadmap initiatives including end to end delivery of new platforms as well as migrations and upgrades. Some of infrastructure platforms involved are, but not limited to: middleware, telemetry, databases, backups, and collaboration tools.
The unit is running many major upgrades of various infrastructure platforms as well as provision of new capabilities and migration of existing ones. The work requires effective collaboration across all Information Technology teams in the organisation as well as other teams such as legal, finance, and procurement.
Relevant Experience and Qualifications
The Project Manager applicant must be able to demonstrate:
- Minimum of 10 years of experience in managing the end to end implementation and delivery of different infrastructure solutions in both government or private sector.
- Solid understanding for different application platforms including middleware and Citrix
- Solid understanding of applications' infrastructure designs patterns.
- Demonstrated ability to develop and monitor project plans, including detailed resource scheduling, milestones, and task dependencies.
- Proven skills and success in managing complex and/or high-risk projects with multiple stakeholders preferably within government organisations.
- Qualifications in project management methodologies (e.g. Prince2, PMBOK).
- Strong interpersonal, influencing and negotiation skills to gain the acceptance of ideas, cooperation of others, and the ability to modify styles and techniques to accommodate tasks, situations, and individuals.