Senior Database Administrator
6+ month contract
Attractive rates with an immediate start
We are looking to hire an experienced Senior Database Administrator for one of our premier clients. This role plays an integral part of a multi-disciplinary team to ensure that goals and objectives of new business development requests are accomplished within prescribed time frames. The incumbent must consistently aim to deliver quality services and/or solutions that meet business requirements and ensure that goals are accomplished in line with business objectives.
- Perform day-to-day database administration activities for operational 10g,11g and 12c databases and MSSQL databases
- Strong PL/SQL programming skills
- Perform database tuning and database maintenance
- Maximise data integrity within databases
- Ensure all operational databases are backed up
- Implement, operate and maintain database administration, maintenance, tuning and reporting/alerting tools
- Resolve incidents to meet SLA objectives.
- Proactively monitor system
- Perform daily and periodical health checks
- Plan, manage and execute changes to production systems as per Change Management.
- Prepare monthly database administration report
- Experience in supporting Peoplesoft projects will be highly regarded
- Oracle RDBMS versions (10g,11g and 12c )
- Oracle backups (RMAN and scripted).
- Oracle Data Replication techniques - DataGuard
- OEL and RHEL operation and working
- Oracle 12c Grid Control (OEM)
- Database patching /upgrade
- SQL, PL/SQL and Shell scripting