Our esteemed client is looking to bring on board an experienced Project Manager with prior experience working on large scale IT upgrade or IT enhancement Infrastructure projects.
Role: Project Manager - Infrastructure and Application Projects
Duration: 6 months
Location: Redfern, NSW
Start date : Mid June
The program is responsible for the distribution of IT infrastructure across the NSW Corporate Offices. It aims to enhance the client's information technology experience by expanding the capacity and capability to use and consume modern IT assets.
The primary purpose of the role
The Project Manager manages the risk, quality and progress of ICT projects to Departmental standards, and ensures projects are completed on time, on budget, to quality standards, and within agreed scope. The role actively contributes to a high-performance team environment, collaborates effectively, and enables continual service improvement practices.
- Experience working in very large environments within Government and private organisation.
- Lead and manage the planning and delivery of critical, highly complex and/or large projects
- Develop and implement strategies for the continuous monitoring, reporting and evaluation of projects and assess project progress and overall effectiveness
- Manage permanent and/or ad hoc teams to ensure project outcomes are achieved
- Develop and implement project management plans to ensure the success of the project
- Provide expert advice and information to stakeholders on emerging project issues and present recommendations to support project delivery in line with established plans, budgets, timeframes, policy objectives and other project priorities.
- Trigger Post Implementation Reviews and undertake project Quality Assurance activities as required including review of in-flight projects