Our Federal Government Client is seeking two Network and Security Gateway Engineers.
This is a long-term contract until 30 June 2022 with options to extend for further periods up to 2 x 12 months., located at our Client's Canberra City location.
As the selected candidate, you will be:
- Undertaking a range of activities in support of the management and operation of the Department's secure Internet gateway, secure systems, data centre and network services;
- Liaising with external and internal service providers as required;
- Day to day monitoring and support of network and gateway systems including Data Centre technologies, SMTP email systems, SSL Gateways, Load Balancers, Proxy systems, Firewalls and IPS;
- Implementing project work to support Departmental initiatives;
- Undertaking enhancement and remediation activities across network and gateway systems.
To be successful in this role, you should have:
- 5+ years' experience working in an enterprise network/secure gateway environment
- Proven ability to work within a structured IT governance framework and deliver results that adhere to relevant Commonwealth standards and policies
- High level of management skills including the ability to lead and plan to produce high standard of results, on budget and within tight timeframes
- Demonstrated experience in the following:
- Delivering project outcomes;
- Problem solving capability;
- Maintaining accredited systems.
- Demonstrated ability and/or certification in several of the following areas:
- Next Generation Firewalls;
- IPS, Proxy, Load Balancing;
- Data Centre technologies;
- Linux/Microsoft Operating systems
It is desirable if you have:
- Knowledge of Cloud/Security/Automation
- Relevant industry qualifications
- Relevant educational qualifications
- Understanding of gateway and ICT security technologies
Due to security clearance requirements for this role, candidates must be Australian Citizens who currently possess or have the ability to obtain Federal Government Security Clearances.
Apply now for immediate consideration - contact Carissa Burgos on 02 9137 8700 quoting Job Reference: # 237211
Please note: Only candidates that meet the above criteria will be contacted. Thank you for your interest in the position.