Our large Canberra based Federal Government Client is seeking to appoint a Midrange Developer/.Net Developer for an initial contract duration of 9 months with a potential 12-month extension.
Within this role you will be expected to:
- Deliver maintenance and enhancements or provide knowledge to systems using one or more of the following XML, Java, .net, C, C#, SQL Server and Microsoft Web Services ASP .NET C#, C++ Microsoft Visual Studio
- Lead projects or activities involving the development and/or maintenance of computer applications in accordance with departmental standards and guidelines
- Identify problems in application and infrastructure areas, assess their significance and provide technical solutions to resolve these issues
- Maintain effective performance levels, own expertise and build the skills of staff through knowledge transfer
- Understand and operate within agreed quality standards and develop continuous improvement processes to enhance procedures of current and new work practices
- Plan, coordinate and undertake all phases of the development lifecycle which may include analysis, design, building, testing, documenting, implementation, and maintenance
- Understand the strategic objectives of stakeholders in the development of products and delivery mechanisms to improve business outcomes
- Engage with stakeholders on complex issues in order to provide or obtain information and negotiate relevant outcomes
- Plan and organise large and complex projects in relation to application and production support and/or information technology fields
- Provide expert advice to senior staff and relevant business areas on operational and administrative work, and develop strategies to resolve operational and administrative problems
- Lead, change and deal with uncertainty in a positive and flexible manner; share information with others and assist them to adapt
Apply now for immediate consideration or for a full job description of this role, contact Dan Carm on 02 6245 1724 or email me at Dan.Carn@peoplebank.com
Due to security clearance requirements for this role, candidates must be Australian Citizens to apply.
Please note: only candidates that meet the above criteria will be contacted. Thank you for your interest in the position.